If you think that a breast surgery includes only silicone breast implants, you couldn’t be more wrong.
• For our Nataša, whose husband before the surgery said:” I wish they made them look like they used to”…
• For Marica, who had lost 22 kg and complained to the doctor: “I have sagging bags now, please fill them up”…
• For Duška, whose spine was bent and who would “first somehow pack her oversized breasts into her bra, and then dress up”…
• For Maja who, due to her extremely asymmetrical breasts, never wore a swimming suit…
• For Miss Marica, who fell in love when she was 50, feels like a young girl, and wished to look like one …
• For young, gorgeous Marijana, who needed only breasts to look perfect…
For all of them, breast surgery was the icing on the cake.
In all the listed cases, breast surgeries are different.
Depending on what we want to achieve, one of the following procedures will be done:
1. Augmentation mammoplasty
2. Augmentation with breast lift (mastopexy)
3. Breast lift (mastopexy)
4. Breast reduction
1. If breasts are small, breast augmentation is performed.
• Implants can be placed below fascia, below the muscles and directly below the gland (method which is practically not performed any more)
• In cases of young women, who are yet to have children and breast feed, implants are placed below the muscles i.e. far from mammary gland tissue.
• Other patients most often undergo the latest surgical technique-placing implants below fascia (subfascial mammaplasty)
2. In cases of small and slightly sagging breasts
• (first degree of sagging breasts) The most often chosen method is aforementioned subfascial mammoplasty- placing implants below fascia
With this technique, breasts are enlarged and lifted to a certain extent.
• In cases of significantly sagging breasts (second and third degree), two surgical procedures are performed at the same time:
- Firstly, implants are placed below fascia (subfascial mammoplasty),
- Then, breasts are lifted by a complex surgical technique(mastopeksija)
3. If a woman only has sagging breasts
Which are appropriately sized, breast lift surgery (mastopexy) is performed, without inserting implants.
4. Breast reduction
When it is necessary to reduce the volume of gland and fat tissue. At the same time, skin has to be taken in, to fit the new breast size, and nipples with areola are lifted to the correct height.
This is a very serious and complex surgical procedure, which requires great knowledge and expertise.
If you are considering breast surgery, you should have the following information:
Preparing for surgery
Before the surgery, it is necessary to determine your state of health. Before scheduling your surgery, you are supposed to do the following analyses and bring your results with you:
1. Blood type
We need a document where your blood type is stated. The surname in the document MUST be the same as the surname in your ID.
2. Laboratory analyzes (not older than two weeks):
• Complete blood count - erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets, hemoglobin, hematocrit, iron, sedimentation
• Biochemical parameters - urea, creatinine, glucose, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, transaminases (AST and ALT), electrolytes (potassium, sodium chlorides)
• Coagulation parameters - APTT, prothrombin time and INR
• Urine sediment
The most common reason for canceling the planned surgery is a bad result of some of these analyses.
For this reason, we insist that you do these laboratory analyses and send them to us before coming to the surgery.
The price of the operation includes preoperative preparation: digital lung X-ray, examination by a radiologist, examination by a cardiologist, EKG and examination by an anesthesiologist, totaling 12700din.These tests are done in our hospital.
All possible, necessary additional analyses, e.g. breast ultrasound or thyroid hormone tests, will be charged separately and are not included in the price.
Preoperative preparation is charged only in the event of cancellation or delay of surgery.
What type of anesthesia is used for the surgery?
General endotracheal anesthesia, and can be performed under local anesthesia with sedoanalgesia.
What shouldn’t worry you after the surgery?
Swelling and pain in the form of pressure on your chest.
You will stay in hospital for 24 hours after the surgery.
How should you behave after the surgery?
- You need to follow our instructions.
- You should avoid any strain, heavy lifting and exercises for at least a month, until the implants take their final position.
After what time can you return to normal daily activities?
- Usually after a week. Stitches are removed 15 days after the surgery.
In Analife hospital, the consultative examination is free of charge.
GENERAL HOSPITAL ANALIFE
Skadarska 5, (Zemun), Beograd
+381 11 319 68 08
+381 11 319 68 09
+381 11 319 68 11
+ 381 69 319 68 08